Sunday, November 9, 2014

Here we go

Yesterday I signed up again for Weight watchers online.  I know.  It sounds cheesy but in truth, it has been the online weight program that has worked for me.  I am a lifetime member from 16 years ago when I lost 30 lbs.  I have tried many other diets hoping for a quick fix but it never works.  I find weight watchers is more helpful with portion control and accountability than teaching me to eat right.  That part I must do on my own.  I tend to think counting points rather than calories is easier.  Who knows.  


But anyway, I am on day 2.  So far so good.  But I am at that weight where I always get stuck.  It pisses me off so bad.  I want to dip in the 150s.  We will see what the scale says next Saturday.

I am also performing an experiment of sorts.  I have read several places on the webs that if everything other factors is the same, each pound lost equates to 2 sec/mile faster.  I need/want to lose 25-30 lbs...a minute fast per mile on my marathon pace would possible give me a PR this fall.  I want that.  So bad.  

On a good running note, I got in 10 miles yesterday.  I felt like I lost all endurance from the marathon 3 weeks ago.  So, yesterdays run felt good.  I want to keep 10 as my long run through the winter and hit some spring half marathons to test the weight loss (if there is in fact wieght loss). 

ok,time to fix supper.  
peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment