Friday, November 7, 2014

Goals Goals Goals

With this post, I feel like I am basically starting over with this blog. Maybe I should just delete all my old posts because I never consistently posted.  I think this is what I will do.  

I am starting back over because I have goals.  Big ones.  Big ones for me anyway.  And it all starts tomorrow.

Background.  I have run 16 marathons.  Nothing fast, nothing slow.  Just mid-packer.  I did run one kinda well about 9-10 years ago.  A 4:27.  Other than that, all have been slow.  

This summer I began training for the Columbus Marathon (which I ran 3 weeks ago).  I used the Hansons Method and trained harder than I ever have.  I felt very confident going into this race.  But it just wasn't my day.  I don't really know what happened.  I ran a 4:51.  I never loosened up.  My legs felt the same at mile 1 as they did at mile 26.  Tight.  The hubs seems to think I worked myself up into the tightness because I was so nervous.  maybe.  

One thing I do know is that I can do better than that.  BUT...I am also sitting 30 lbs heavier than my PR race.  

SO... I am going to pick a fall race in 2015.  Get this freaking weight off and try Hansons again.  

I want to set another PR so bad.  so bad.  

Lots of work.  

I want to document all of it.  for me.  Because I know other people and the FB world are going to get sick of hearing about it.  I will just write about it.  

Day 1 starts tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment